We are excited about the opportunities ahead for our members and our communities as a result of our merger. Soon we'll be able to offer expanded services, added convenience and even more competitive rates and products. We will convert our systems in August and expand our services. We're sure our members have plenty of questions. Our FAQ below will keep you informed of any important system conversion information, such as special dates, changes or news. If you can't find the answer here, please do not hesitate to give us a call. Remember to check back for new information from time to time.
Download the Crescent Credit Union Member Information Kit below for important dates, converison details, and helpful information.
Download the Sharon Credit Union Member Information Kit below for important dates, converison details, and helpful information.
Crescent Credit Union Member FAQs
Effective August 10th
- Apply for a loan within SCU Credit Union Online Banking or visit us online at scucu.com and apply from our web site when it’s convenient for you.
- Visit one of our twelve convenient branch locations and apply for your loan in person.
You can open a new account online at scucu.com or at any of our convenient branches.
- Many of the accounts we offer will have new names with enhanced features. Your accounts will automatically be transferred as outlined in the product chart in this kit. If you have any questions about your new account, please contact us and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you to ensure you’re in the best account for you.
- Share Savings Accounts will be now be subject to Regulation D, the federal rule, which puts a limit of six electronic transactions per month on Savings Accounts. If you typically have more than six electronic transactions per month with your Savings Account, we recommend opening a checking account to comply with Regulation D.
- You’ll notice we now have a requirement of a $5 Share Savings Account. These are your Membership Shares at the Credit Union. If you do not have a Share Savings Account at the time of conversion, a Share Savings Account will be opened for you.
- You will receive a SCU Credit Union member number. This number is linked to your primary Share Savings Account. Your member number will be sent to you with your account numbers just prior to system conversion.
Yes, your account numbers will change, and you will be given your new SCU Credit Union member number. You will also have new MICR numbers associated with each of your accounts to be used for electronic transactions. Your electronic transactions will not be affected by the system conversion. However, we do encourage you to notify direct deposits and any businesses with your current account numbers on file of your new account information including SCU Credit Union’s ABA/Routing number 211385556.
You will receive your new SCU Credit Union member number and account numbers in the mail prior to conversion.
Some fees have changed and will become effective on August 10th. The new Service Charge Schedule was included in your June account statement and will also available on our web site.
Certain deposit account terms will change. Please refer to the insert provided.
Please refer to your account statements. Your statements will be accessible in eNotices in SCU Credit Union Online Banking.
If you have ACH payments or transfers that were initiated by branch personnel for you, these will be carried over and continue after system conversion. If you would like to verify that these transactions will be carried over, contact us at 1-800-894-4445. Please review your accounts to ensure they are occurring as expected post conversion.
Yes, you can continue to use your current Crescent Credit Union checks.
You will only receive new checks if you order them.
To reorder checks, please go to scucu.com or order them during your next branch visit.
Relationship Checking, eRewards and Crescent 62 accountholders will continue to receive free orders of basic checks after conversion.
No. You will have a new account number and MICR number that you will receive in the mail prior to system conversion. The SCU Credit Union ABA/Routing number is 211385556. However, you may continue to use Crescent Credit Union checks without any issues.
Please continue to use your Crescent Credit Union card until your new SCU Credit Union card arrives.
New debit cards will be issued during September, October and November of 2020.
No. When you receive your new SCU Credit Union card and call for activation, you will select a PIN for your new card at that time.
Yes, your new card will be a debit MasterCard and have a different number than your current Crescent Credit Union card.
When your new card arrives, it will include a phone number to call to activate it. Please follow the prompts to complete activation.
- Report Lost or Stolen Cards:
- Business hours call 1-877-331-6600
- After business hours call 1-833-462-0798
- Card Activation: 1-800-992-3808
- Report Dispute: 1-833-462-0798
- Report Lost or Stolen Cards:
Once you have received your new SCU debit card, please follow the checklist below:
- Please activate your new card as soon as possible for security reasons.
- If you have your debit card information on record with billers, retailers or other online vendors, update your information with your new SCU debit card number.
- After you update your debit card information, monitor your debit card payments to ensure that your information updated.
- If you use CardValet, add your new SCU debit card in the CardValet app.
No. After conversion you will access your eStatements from the new SCU Credit Union online banking system. If you are a current Crescent online banking user, use your existing login ID when you log in for the first time. You will be prompted to follow instructions to complete the log in process. If you are new to online banking, please visit scucu.com and select register in the top navigation bar and follow the prompts. Online banking users are automatically enrolled in eStatements and do not receive paper statements unless requested.
You can login to online banking from our web site, scucu.com or from our mobile app available in the Apple and Google Play stores.
Online and Mobile Banking
Yes, existing Crescent Online Baking users will be converted to SCU Credit Union Online Banking. Please refer to our key dates for detailed information on when you can expect changes.
You can log into online banking on our website scucu.com and you can download the new SCU mobile app from the Apple and Google Play stores starting Monday, August 10th.
If you are the primary person on your Crescent Credit Union accounts, then you may use your existing login ID when you log in to SCU Online banking for the first time. You will be prompted to follow instructions to complete the log in process. If you are secondary or joint on your Crescent Credit Union accounts, you will register as a new user with your new SCU Credit Union member number.
Yes, your bill pay payees will be transferred over to the new system.
Yes, all scheduled bill pays will be transferred to the new online banking system
Yes, all scheduled transfers will carry over to the new system.
No, scheduled alerts will not be carried over. Please record them prior to conversion so that you have them handy to enter into the new system.
No, external accounts and scheduled external transfers will not carry over into the SCU Credit Union Online Banking. You will need to re-enter these accounts after conversion. Please refence our online banking brochure
Neither your transfers nor your payees will carry over. POP Money services will no longer be available after August 2nd. We suggest using alternative services for person to person transfers such as Venmo, Google Pay or Apple Pay.
No, you will not be able to see past account transaction history in online or mobile banking. Please refer to your past account statements. Your eStatements are accessible within online banking under eNotices.
- The new online banking offers several additional features for our members. You will now have access to a budgeting tool, internal transfers to other SCU Credit Union members, and access to view your eStatements and tax information without logging into a separate website.
- Please note, the Pop Money feature will no longer be offered.
Businesses can also log into online banking on our website scucu.com and download the new SCU mobile app from the Apple and Google Play stores starting Monday, August 10th.
If you are the primary person on your Crescent Credit Union business accounts (your phone, address and email address are listed on the accounts), then you may use your existing login ID when you login to SCU Online banking for the first time. Additional users may be set-up within online banking. Please refer to our Online Banking brochure for guidance.
No, you will not be able to access telephone banking during conversion on August 8th and 9th.
Yes, we are upgrading to a new system. The same features and information will be available in the new telephone banking platform.
You will use the same phone number as today: 1-888-442-4944
No, you will need to enter your new SCU Credit Union member number.
You can create a new PIN once you have successfully authenticated yourself in the new telephone banking system.