The Sharon & Crescent United Credit Union branch office located at 85 Pond Street, Norwell, Massachusetts will be closing on Wednesday, January 31, 2024.
Other branch offices of SCU Credit Union to serve you after the proposed closing date are located at:
- 115 Commercial Street in Brockton, MA
- 1219 Main Street in Brockton, MA
- 835 Oak Street in Brockton, MA
- 1300 Belmont Street in Brockton, MA
If you need additional help, please contact SCU Credit Union at 781-784-7725.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is my money safe?
Yes. Your SCU Credit Union deposits are 100% insured. Your initial $250,000 in deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and your deposits in excess of $250,000 are insured by the Massachusetts Share Insurance Corporation.
• SCU is well-capitalized at 12.98% Net Worth/Total Assets far above the 7% regulatory requirement.
• Our Net Worth/Total Assets has averaged 12% over the past 20 years.
We take our fiduciary responsibility to our members seriously and monitor liquidity, portfolio diversity, and potential risks.
What will happen to the employees at the Norwell branch?
Employees will be retained and reassigned to new branch locations.
Why is the Norwell branch closing?
We have seen an increase in online banking activity and a decline in in-person member transactions at the Norwell Branch. As the online banking adoption grows, SCU continues to adapt to meet your needs. We are optimizing our resources to provide an enhanced member experience and a strong branch network in the South Shore area dedicated to serving you and all our members.
Where is the next closest location?
Our nearest branch to the Norwell branch is 115 Commercial Street in Brockton, MA. For hours and location information, go to scucu.com/locations
Our debit card give you access to over 30,000* surcharge-free ATMs. The SUMSM and CO-OP ATM networks offer over 30,000* surcharge-free ATMs, covering all 50 states and 10 countries – an ATM network larger than almost any bank. Visit www.scucu.com to find locations near you!
How can I make my loan or credit card payments?
You have several options:
1. The Online Loan Payment Center supports one-time, future-dated, and recurring payments. Members can easily create a profile or pay as a guest.
2. Log in to Online/Mobile Banking and transfer funds to your loan from your checking or savings account by selecting “Move Money”. You can schedule future transfers to your loan, too.
3. By mail-send your payments to:
SCU Credit Union
P.O. Box 4290
Brockton, MA. 02303-4290
Is there anything I need to do?
No, your membership with SCU Credit Union isn’t tied to one branch. You can visit any branch location or do your banking online just as you were able to before.
What if I have more questions?
If you have any questions or would like more information, we are happy to assist you at 877-661-3300 or at one of our convenient branch locations.
*You may be assessed an additional fee or surcharge by the ATM owner if they are not a member of the CO-OP or SUM network.