Job Openings: IRA Coordinator
|Location of Position:||Sharon|
The IRA Coordinator has the responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the assigned IRA. This includes, but is not limited to, establishing, improving, and maintaining day-to-day systems and operations of the IRA program (Ascensus), executing duties and responsibilities in a professional, collaborative manner that consistently demonstrates a positive approach, the ability to problem-solve while adapting to change. Always handles all member transactions with complete discretion and confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties both related and unrelated to the above may be assigned and therefore required.
- Complies with IRA rules and regulations.
- Reviews policy and procedures on a regular basis and revises as necessary
- Completes File Maintenance review to ensure accuracy and verify member authorization.
- Actively participates in monthly staff meetings.
- Processes research requests for Members and departments. Monitors IRA files and IRA paperwork for accuracy.
- Works with vendors to ensure the Credit Union has accurate forms and most updated information
- Oversees distributions and all IRS and member reporting.
- Monitors the End of Year reports and all tax related forms for accuracy and corrections.
- Informs management of any IRA activities and if any problems arise.
- Suggest was for improved efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Attends training sessions upon request and completes all required compliance training within specified time frames.
- Follows all established Credit Union polices & procedures and adheres to all regulatory compliance including but not limited to: BSA/AML/Patriot/OFAC/CIP, Privacy/GLB, Securing Information, Security, and all other job specific regulations.
- Assists in the Deposit Operations area as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential for servicing SCU members and projecting a positive image as representative for the Credit Union.
- High School Diploma with 2 years of IRA experience.
- Position requires the ability to read and understand oral and written instructions. Must be able to solve day-to-day problems involving several variables in standard situations.
- Intermediate mathematical skill required (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, percentages, interest) are required.
- Proficiency with computer software applications including Word/Excel and system applications is required
How to Apply
If it is more convenient you may also complete and print an employment application and submit along with a copy of your resume to SCU Credit Union in person or by mail to:
SCU Credit Union
1300 Belmont Street
Brockton, MA 02301