Timeline of a Home Purchase
- Get pre-approved. This will prove you’re a serious buyer and give you a leg up on bidding wars.
- Choose a real estate agent. Ask for referrals before signing a contract.
- Start your search. You can start online at sites like Zillow or Redfin.
- Make an offer on a home. Offer lower than the asking price, but keep your offer realistic by looking at recent sales of comparable homes in the area.
- Attorney review. The lawyer will examine the contract carefully so there are no surprises.
- Home loan goes into escrow. The loan is now under contract.
- Home is inspected and appraised. This ensures the lender that the home is in good condition
- Close the sale. Pack up and move in — the house is yours!
« Return to "Blog Home"