Job Openings: System Administrator
|Location of Position:||Sharon|
We are looking for a Systems Administrator who will be responsible for maintaining and administering the credit union’s computer network. Your primary duties will include maintenance of hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks. You will also be working closely with the users of our network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot complex user issues or inquiries, such as software and hardware problems.
- Maintain system specifications ensuring the Credit Union's technology resource systems are operating in a secure, stable, and resilient manner based on industry best practices and hardening guidance.
- Install and maintain the Credit Union’s servers and VMWare environment. This includes the implementation of new servers to ensure they are built to vendor defined specification.
- Maintain switches, firewalls, or any other network devices ensuring they meet the Credit Union’s availability and growth needs.
- Proactively monitor availability, capacity, performance, and overall health of the infrastructure and its components.
- Manage and monitor Active Directory and related services ensuring optimal availability, resilience, stability, performance and security configuration.
- Manage and execute Group Policy Object (GPO) changes to provide efficiencies to the Credit Union’s network and to contribute to the overall security of the Credit Union’s environment.
- Take an active role in the Incident Response and Problem Management processes, representing the infrastructure environment. Provide root cause analysis for problems and measures to mitigate future occurrences.
- Respond to inquiries and refer issues to the appropriate department or person and exhibit the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
- Support security, integrity, and availability tools (Adlumin, Sophos, VMWare, RingCentral, Microsoft 365, Mimecast) to ensure they are maintained for the optimal protection of the Credit Union’s network environment.
- Install, maintain, and monitor the Credit Union’s wireless network.
- Maintain the Credit Union’s telephone and Voice Over IP (VolP) network.
- Participate in the evaluation of vendor hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment products; recommend purchases consistent with the Credit Union's short and long-term objectives; participate in various internal committees assigned by senior management.
- Remediate vulnerabilities identified by third party audits, internal scanning, and threat intelligence sources.
- Responsible for certificate and domain management.
- Responsible for the identification of and transition from end-of-life technology.
- Retrieve and review infrastructure reports and active alerts related to systems availability and performance (ex. storage capacity, processor utilization, memory usage, vCenter alarms, replication, backup).
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or at least five years of related experience
- Advanced knowledge of information technology processes and industry best practices
- Basic knowledge of deposit and loan operations, policies, and procedures
- Willingness to gain new knowledge and technical skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License and a vehicle to drive between locations as needed
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
How to Apply
If it is more convenient you may also complete and print an employment application and submit along with a copy of your resume to SCU Credit Union in person or by mail to:
SCU Credit Union
1300 Belmont Street
Brockton, MA 02301