Job Openings: Assistant Head Teller
|Location of Position:||TBD|
|Hours:||Hours include evenings and Saturday.|
Under the direction of the Branch Manager, and the Head Teller, the Assistant Head Teller is responsible for ensuring that tellers complete member transactions appropriately and that tellers follow all security, regulatory compliance guidelines, existing policies, procedures, and systems accordingly. Assists with accountability of overall branch cash operations, teller balancing, & branch settlement. Coordinates, directs, and assigns work. Assists members & staff with questions, and resolves more complex problems. Assists Head Teller with smooth flow of teller lines, scheduling, adequate window coverage, and general training and supervision of teller staff. Assists with a full range of branch services (including phone, mail, night deposit, safe deposit, and ATM). Makes certain that members are promptly and professionally served. Actively sells credit union products & services and acts as a coach in teller sales & referral efforts. Operates as a Member Service Representative as needed. Assists Head Teller in all Head Teller functions, and acts as back-up in the Head Teller's absence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Assists with responsibility of ensuring and performing efficient, effective, and professional teller operations.
- Ensures that all Teller functions are correctly performed and are in accordance with regulatory compliance guidelines, established polices and standards. Ensures that all security procedures are followed.
- Assists in assigning work and distributing workflow.
- Answers questions, solves problems, and assists with complex transactions and sensitive member problems. Explains policies and procedures to members. Makes judgments within limits of authority pertaining to cashing and/or accepting checks or drafts.
- Investigates Teller out of balance conditions and institutes corrective procedures. Assists in finding balancing errors. Ensures that each Teller balances at the end of each day and that all monies are secured in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs Teller paying and receiving functions as required.
- Assists with the control of inventory of cashier's checks, money orders, receipts, travelers checks, and other negotiable items for use in the Teller area.
- Assists with maintaining vault & ATM cash & balances both.
- Monitors, orders, disburses, and balances all branch cash, as well as prepares cash & coin shipments. Observes & administers dual control procedures.
- Assists with keeping ATM stocked and functional.
- Performs Teller & Branch Audits monthly in accordance with guidelines established by Branch Administrator.
Assists with responsibility for ensuring and effectively performing member services functions.
- Ensures that member services functions are performed in accordance with established policies and standards.
- Resolves members' requests, problems, and questions promptly. Receives, responds to, and directs telephone calls. Records & relays messages.
- Presents, explains & actively cross-sells Credit Union services and products to members and assists in meeting their financial needs as well as meeting sales objectives. Opens and closes accounts.
- Solves complicated problems for members by listening to problems, collecting data, obtaining research, securing answers, and responding promptly.
- Performs file maintenance and account changes as needed. Takes stop payment orders. Orders checks for members' accounts. Completes generator, direct deposit, bill pay, and payroll deduction authorization forms.
- Keeps informed of current Credit Union products, services and policies, including types of available accounts, interest and dividend rates, payroll deduction options, and other related services.
- Maintains and projects the Credit Union's professional reputation. Maintains privacy & security of members' personal and account information.
Effectively supervises area personnel, ensuring optimal performance in the absence of the Head Teller.
- Provides leadership to teller personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication.
- Assists with ensuring that tellers are well trained, effective, and optimally used in all phases of their job. Assists. Manager with On-the-Job security training and regulatory compliance training including but not limited to: GLB/Privacy, Securing Information, BSA/AML/PATRIOT/CIP/OFAC, Reg. CC., Security, CRA & Fair Lending Laws.
- Assists with tracking individual employee progress and sales initiatives·. Provides support and suggestions for employee improvement.
Assists with responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Department and area personnel and with management.
- Assists with coordination of Teller duties and responsibilities with related functions within and outside of the Branch.
- Keeps Manager & Head Teller informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Provides suggestions for improved service & operations.
- Completes any required reports and related documents promptly and accurately.
- Attends meetings & training sessions as required.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that work areas and equipment are clean and well maintained.
- Performs procedures for opening and closing of branch operations, including vault, alarm, and door duties.
- Orders branch supplies.
- Performs related clerical functions as required.
- Follows all established credit union policies and procedures and adheres to all regulatory compliance including but not limited to: BSA/AML/PATRIOT/OFAC/CIP, Privacy/GLB, Securing Information, Security, and all other job specific regulations."
- Completes all required compliance training within specified time frames.
- Teller functions are efficiently, accurately, and effectively performed in accordance with established policies and standards.
- Tellers meet all regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Security procedures are understood and adhered to by all staff.
- Monies are balanced and any discrepancies promptly resolved.
- Teller staff is appropriately trained, directed, assisted, and supported.
- Good relations exist with members & staff. Problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved.
- Good working relationships exist with area personnel, other departments, and with management. Management is appropriately informed of area activities.
- Required reports and records are accurate, complete, and timely.
- The Credit Union's professional reputation is maintained and conveyed.
- Transaction levels, balancing errors, etc. are in line with Credit Union standards.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- A thorough knowledge of Teller operations and procedures. Basic understanding of Credit Union operations, including:
- Opening and closing accounts, IRA and certificate procedures. Understanding of Credit Union philosophy.
- Knowledge of basic accounting.
- Minimum of two to three years of experience as a Teller at a full-service financial institution.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills. Supervisory and training abilities.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude. Solid math skills.
- Ability to operate related computer software, and other business equipment including 10-key, money counters, telephone etc.
How to Apply
If it is more convenient you may also complete and print an employment application and submit along with a copy of your resume to SCU Credit Union in person or by mail to:
SCU Credit Union
1300 Belmont Street
Brockton, MA 02301